-we are hiring!-
First United Methodist is a vibrant family of faith in South East Alabama dedicated to making disciples and reaching the world. Check out the opportunities below!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE SENIOR PASTOR
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Administrative experience
- Discernment and confidentiality
- Energetic self-started with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to high quality
- Familiar with or willing to learn the workings of The United Methodist Church
For more information, a full job description is available on Indeed here.
Apply online through Indeed link above, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time hourly non-exempt position with up to 18 hours/week (during times of increased seasonal ministry, like VBS, the Director of Children’s Ministry may authorize additional hours/week)
- Assist the Director with children’s ministry duties on Sunday (morning & afternoon) and Wednesday (afternoon & evening) and be available for all ministry activities
- Provide children (3P – 4th Grade) with age-appropriate activities during ministry times
- Regularly communicate with parents, volunteers, and church staff
- Connect with the Director of Children’s Ministry, Children’s Ministry Team, and volunteers in planning, implementing, and managing ministry gatherings
- Recruit, schedule, and equip volunteers to lead Sunday School and Children’s BLAST time
- Assist in the planning of annual ministry programs like: VBS, Easter Egg Hunt, Blessing of the Backpacks, & Christmas Eve worship
- Help prepare the curriculum for children’s ministry
Email email@example.com to apply or inquire for further details.
Do you enjoy working with small children?
If your answer to this question is “yes,” then the Children’s Team at FUMC needs you!
Our Sunday and weekday evening children’s ministry is looking for friendly and polite adults (18 and older) to assist in age-appropriate care for our children ages 6 weeks to 3 years. This would include feeding, changing diapers, escorting children to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play, and prayer.
Childcare hours include Sunday mornings and evenings as needed. You would also have the option to work during special events like Christmas, Easter, etc. Small group Bible study for adults is offered on Wednesday evenings. Childcare hours would also include these times.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or inquire for further details.
Our Weekday Children’s Ministry is currently hiring for full time positions, for 40 hours, with benefits available.
- Genuine love for children!
- Be dependable and willing to learn
- Be compassionate, patient, and committed
- Care for children’s basic needs (diapering, feeding, keeping clean, etc.)
- Teach and demonstrate the love of Jesus
- 19 years or older
- High School diploma or GED
- Drug screen and background check
Email email@example.com to apply, or stop by the daycare to pick up an application. (1380 W. Main St. Dothan, Al)