-we are hiring!-
First United Methodist is a vibrant family of faith in South East Alabama dedicated to making disciples and reaching the world. Check out the opportunities below!
Part-time hourly non-exempt position with up to 25 hours/week
Abbreviated List of Principal Duties:
- Recruit, develop, equip, and lead all aspects of sanctuary music to include developing new musical groups, ministries, volunteers, & group leaders
- Collaborate with clergy about the present and future musical needs of sanctuary worship
- Ensure a regular presence in worship of children, tween, & youth music ministries
- Supervise as well as communicate and coordinate with the organist and accompanists
- Maintain the music library, as well as all musical instruments
- Be present in sanctuary worship and other ongoing opportunities in the life of the FUMC community of faith
For more information, a full job description is available on Indeed here.
Apply with resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.
Full-Time Daycare Aide (Toddler and 2yo Classes)
Our Weekday Children’s Ministry is currently hiring a Toddler 1 Aide and a 2 Year Old Aide. Both positions are full time, 40 hours, with benefits available.
- Genuine love for children!
- Be dependable and willing to learn
- Be compassionate, patient, and committed
- Care for children’s basic needs (diapering, feeding, keeping clean, etc.)
- Teach and demonstrate the love of Jesus
- 19 years or older
- High School diploma or GED
- Drug screen and background check
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply, or stop by the daycare to pick up an application. (1380 W. Main St. Dothan, Al)
Do you enjoy working with small children?
If your answer to this question is “yes,” then the Children’s Team at FUMC needs you!
Our Sunday and weekday evening children’s ministry is looking for friendly and polite adults (18 and older) to assist in age-appropriate care for our children ages 6 weeks to 3 years. This would include feeding, changing diapers, escorting children to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play, and prayer.
Childcare hours include Sunday mornings and evenings as needed. You would also have the option to work during special events like Christmas, Easter, etc. Small group Bible study for adults is offered on Wednesday evenings. Childcare hours would also include these times.
Email email@example.com to apply or inquire for further details.