-we are hiring!-
First United Methodist is a vibrant family of faith in South East Alabama dedicated to making disciples and reaching the world. Check out the opportunities below!
Part-time hourly non-exempt position with up to 25 hours/week
Abbreviated List of Principal Duties:
- Recruit, develop, equip, and lead all aspects of sanctuary music to include developing new musical groups, ministries, volunteers, & group leaders
- Collaborate with clergy about the present and future musical needs of sanctuary worship
- Ensure a regular presence in worship of children, tween, & youth music ministries
- Supervise as well as communicate and coordinate with the organist and accompanists
- Maintain the music library, as well as all musical instruments
- Be present in sanctuary worship and other ongoing opportunities in the life of the FUMC community of faith
For more information, a full job description is available on Indeed here: https://www.indeed.com/job/director-sanctuary-music-18da6bd4bc29d484
Apply with resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.
FUMC Children’s Ministry has a seasonal opening for the position of Summer Intern. We seek someone who is friendly, polite and loves children. The key responsibilities of the intern would be:
- Assist the Director of Children’s Ministries in providing support to Sunday volunteers for programming, mid-week “Salty” programs, VBS and other special activities
- Engage in hands-on teaching/ministry on Sundays (Sunday School or Children’s Church) and mid-week programming
- Interact with student ages preschool-4th grade through games, stories, music, play and prayer
- Fulfill other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Director of Children’s Ministries
Up to 15 hours per week, with Sunday mornings and 2 mid-week days required (mid-week days to be determined by director and intern). One full week of VBS on June 14-17 is also required.
To apply, email Director of Children’s Ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you enjoy working with small children?
If your answer to this question is “yes,” then the Children’s Team at FUMC needs you!
Our Sunday and weekday evening children’s ministry is looking for friendly and polite adults (18 and older) to assist in age-appropriate care for our children ages 6 weeks to 3 years. This would include feeding, changing diapers, escorting children to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play, and prayer.
Childcare hours include Sunday mornings and evenings as needed. You would also have the option to work during special events like Christmas, Easter, etc. Small group Bible study for adults is offered on Wednesday evenings. Childcare hours would also include these times.
Email email@example.com to apply or inquire for further details.