-we are hiring!-
First United Methodist is a vibrant family of faith in South East Alabama dedicated to making disciples and reaching the world. Check out the opportunities below!
General: The music intern will serve as a chorister in the chancel choir and an assistant to the director of music for one ensemble in the music ministry department. This is a part-time position, averaging approximately five hours per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be musically literate and be able to sing.
- Must have one year of experience in a music ensemble.
- Possession of bachelor’s or associate’s degree in music or a current student.
- Be able to play an instrument.
- Experience in vocal music, theater, dance, visual arts, and/or puppetry.
- Sing in the chancel choir.
- Serve as assistant director and coordinator for one ensemble in the graded music program.
- Recruit and train participants and volunteers for the assigned ensemble.
- Conduct performances in church services and in the community as required.
- Assist with worship planning for the assigned ensemble.
To apply via email, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL-TIME DAYCARE WORKER
Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
*Must be 19 years of age
*Previous experience preferred
*Full time position (40 hours per week)
*Must be able to care for children’s basic needs (diapering, keeping clean, feeding , etc.) while demonstrating and teaching the love of Jesus
*Must be compassionate, patient, and committed
*Must be able to work well with others and take direction well
To apply via email, send your resume to email@example.com.
PART-TIME CHURCH NURSERY WORKER
Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Do you enjoy working with small children?
If your answer to this question is “yes,” then the Children’s Team at FUMC Dothan needs you!
Our Sunday and weekday evenings children’s ministry is looking for friendly and polite adults (18 and older) to assist in age-appropriate care for our children ages 6 weeks-3 years old. This would include feeding, changing diapers, escorting children to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer.
Childcare hours include Sunday mornings and evenings as needed. You would also have the option to work during special events like Christmas, Easter, etc. Small group Bible study for adults is offered on Wednesday evenings. Childcare hours would also include these times.
Job Type: Part-time
To apply via email, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL-TIME ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRY & GIRLS MINISTRY
Reports to: Director of Student Ministry
Main Function: To assist the Director of Student Ministry in leading the student ministry and making disciples of Jesus Christ. The associate will also focus on girls ministry by hosting ministry events monthly, developing Bible studies and small group lessons. The associate will help in the day to day planning of trips and events for all students alongside the director of student ministries.
- To grow the youth group and the girls ministry
- To create a culture of leadership in our youth ministry
- To develop our students into disciples that actively seek Christ
- To create in our students the desire to help with missions
- Work with the director to plan and host student ministry events, trips
- Develop a plan for girls ministry and implement it
- Form lessons and Bible studies for the girls ministry
- Host a monthly girls ministry event
- Assist the director on retreats and trips for the student ministry
- Assist with social media accounts for the student ministry
- Help with student missions
- Coordinate Tuesday morning breakfast volunteers
- Attend student extracurricular events
- Connect with schools and local Fellowship of Christian Athletes organization
To apply via email, send your resume to email@example.com.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Preferred commercial cleaning experience
- Reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license
- Able to work independently
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Ability to perform physical duties such as lifting and being on one’s feet much of the shift
- Ensure FUMC maintains a high standard of cleanliness and a positive image
- Clean and maintain floors, walls, windows, classrooms, restrooms, offices, worship spaces, stairwells, hallways, and other church areas as assigned
- Perform light maintenance
- Set up rooms and worship spaces in preparation for services, meetings, and other church events
- Secure church building after services and other events
- Assist with weddings and funerals
- Inform Director of Buildings & Grounds of maintenance or repair needs and/or equipment servicing or reliability needs
- Other opportunities assigned by the Director of Building & Grounds and Church
Applicants may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to the main office, in person.